se habla español
Welcome to the Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School. For over 20 years we’ve been providing integrated and comprehensive medical and mental health services to the students at Centennial High School as part of the nationally recognized School Based Health Center (SBHC) model. Now, as of the 2017-2018 school year, we are able to serve all Poudre School District students who enroll in the Center!
School Based Health Centers
Research shows that SBHCs eliminate barriers to positive physical and mental health, lower absenteeism and improve graduation rates. We provide students with high quality, confidential, youth centered services when and where they are needed most; helping students return to the classroom faster, ready and able to learn.
SBHCs focus on the health needs of young people; especially those who are at risk and/or with high need.
Time for a School Sports Physical/Well Child Exam?
- Annual well-child exams and care / sports physicals
- Treatment of acute medical issues such as colds, flu, acute illness and infections
- Management of chronic health conditions such as asthma and diabetes
- Health needs assessments using state-of-the-art technology
- Counseling for emotional issues
- Health and wellness planning for adolescents
- Reproductive health care
- Health education and awareness campaigns
- Referrals to other medical and mental health professionals as necessary
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) – in collaboration with the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment
- Dental screenings and services – in collaboration with Project Smile, The Health District of Northern Larimer County and Larimer County Department of Health and Environment
Insurance & Payment Options
We accept insurance, including Medicaid and CHP+ and we offer a sliding fee scale.
No student who enrolls in the Center is ever turned away for an inability to pay.
Support & Funding
The Center is operated by Every Child Pediatrics, a Denver based, pediatric, non-profit organization. All Center staff are part of the Every Child Pediatrics’ vast network of medical and mental health professionals working in three traditional clinics, three mobile clinics and nine school based health clinics, including the Health and Wellness Center at Centennial.
Annually Every Child Pediatrics provides more than 64,000 high quality health care visits to over 24,000 young people. More than 85% of the children Every Child Pediatrics serves live in low-income households. Every year, over $1 million of free-to-the patient care is provided to those that are uninsured, not able to afford or secure health care services.